- May 4, 2017
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Introducing Solid Foods: A Baby-led Approach
Discover how easy the transition from milk to family meals can be for your baby, and learn how to provide a foundation of healthy eating habits that last a lifetime!
- Milk: the most important food for baby’s entire first year of life.
- What is “baby-led weaning?”
- Why begin solid foods?
- When is baby ready for solids?
- Signs of readiness: What are the physical and motor skills needed?
- How to begin and what foods to offer first.
- Best ways to prepare and cut foods for baby.
- Safety factors.
- Developing healthy eating habits for baby and the entire family.
- Traditional feeding methods.
In addition to discussion, this class will also include the DVD: I Can Feed Myself: An Approach to Baby-led Weaning
Location: In the lower level at AFM’s Horsetooth/Urgent Care location