Associates in Family Medicine, P.C.
This is a Full Time position that will rotate through the contact center and our AFM clinics. The clinical support staff is responsible for screening patient calls and giving patient advice according to AFM policies, procedures, and protocols. The clinical support staff member supports the provider in delivering quality healthcare to AFM patients. This position is crucial to the over-all care that AFM provides to patients in that they have one-on-one contact with the patients. Employee must be compassionate, helpful, understanding yet also very efficient, accurate and friendly. This position requires specific medical knowledge, technical skills, communication skills and a positive attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Always maintain a professional appearance during work hours
- Always provide appropriate medical advice based on knowledge and/or what the provider specifies
- Always document information of any nature given to patients in the patient chart
- Always adhere to AFM policies and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of the current EMR, (electronic medical record) including the ability to document and find necessary information in a patient’s medical record
- Follow documented workflows when working in the EMR
- Assisting ALL clinics with patient results notification
- Assisting ALL clinics with patient medication refills